||PO Box 4233
|Nonprofit Technology and Management
||Austin TX 78765 USA
|Low Income Housing in Morelos, Mexico - Bibliography
This lists the published and web sources Lisa Hinely used in her study.
She also interviewed and conversed with dozens of Mexicans, including economists,
irregular colonists, members of churches and nonprofits addressing housing
issues, and urban and rural residents. She thanks everyone who shared their
homes and their lives, especially Gloria Mendoza and her family in Cuernavaca.
Return to housing home page.
- Adler Hellman, Judith. Mexican Lives The New Press, 1994. 15-42.
- Department of Social Development [Mexico]. Solidarity in National
Development New Relations Between Society and Government. Mexico
City: March 1993. 97-107
- Gilbert, Alan C. "Self-Help Housing during the Recession: The
Mexican Experience." Social Responses to Mexico's Economic Crisis
of the 1980s. Center for US-Mexican Studies, 1991. 221-238.
- Gilbert, Alan C., ed. Housing and Land in Urban Mexico. Center
for US-Mexican Studies, 1989.
- Rabasa, Angel O. and Gloria Caballero, commentary. Mexicano: esta
es tu constitución. Mexico City: Miguel Angel Porrua Grupo
- Ross, John. Mexico In Focus. Interlink Books, 2003. 75.
- Instituto National de Estadística, Geografía, and Informática,
INEGI (Mexican National Institute of Statistics, Geography, and Information
- Instituto del Fondo Nacional de la Vivienda para los Trabajadores,
Infonavit (Mexican Institute of the National Housing Fund for Workers),
- H. Ayuntamiento de Cuernavaca (City of Cuernavaca), <www.cuernavaca.gob.mx>
- Fondo de Operación y Financiamiento Bancario a la Vivienda, FOVI (Housing
Operation and Finance Bank Fund) <www.fovi.gob.mx>
- Habitat for Humanity International, <www.habitat.org>
In May and June of 2003, Lisa Hinely
visited the state of Morelos, in central Mexico, with the Center
for Global Education. One of her areas of study was low-income housing.
She is available to present these topics to your organization, in lecture
format or as an interactive learning experience.